Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ocean Water Adult Style

We didn't forget about our little family food blog...the last few months have just been wild & crazy!  School, work, retirement and all life's adventures in between have kept us out of the blog-o-sphere.  Even though we haven't blogged, we're still been up to our cooking ways, and have some stuff to share that hopefully you will love!

When I (daughter) was a kid (oh wait, I still am a Kidd...haha...couldn't help myself) one of my favorite summertime treats was Ocean Water from Mr. Burger.  It was lime & coconut flavored fizzy goodness...and it was BLUE!  Who doesn't love blue soda?  I've been experimenting the last few days with an adult version...hope you love it as much as I do!

Ocean Water Adult Style

Crushed ice
1 tbsp frozen limeade concentrate
1 1/2 shots Malibu rum
1/2 shot Blue Curacao
Sparkling water or club soda

Fill a 12 oz glass with crushed ice.  Combine first 3 ingredients. Top off with sparkling water or club soda...I use lime flavored sparkling water. Stir until limeade is dissolved.  Enjoy (responsibly, of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment